Eco Circuit has been developed between The Methodist Church in the UK and A Rocha UK; A Rocha are behind the parent "Eco" church scheme Eco Church.
The main criteria are for a Circuit to have:
- Agreed an environmental policy
- Gained the appropriate levels of local church registrations and Awards for Eco Church
Circuits of 11 to 100 churches:
Bronze Eco Circuit: at least 10% of local churches awarded
Silver Eco Circuit: at least 20% of local churches awarded
Gold Eco Circuit: at least 40% of local churches awarded
- Achieved the EC Bronze/Silver/Gold level
In the Buildings category for its Circuit offices (where appropriate) and Land (where appropriate)
- Embedded environmental issues
Have sought to ensure that environmental issues are embedded within the curricula of ongoing presbyterial and local preacher education and support
- Established the habit of recording and celebrating individual environmental initiatives
- Managed circuit investments ethically
With due consideration to the environmental implications / opportunities of such investments, taking into account the climate change investment policy of the Central Finance Board of the Methodist Church and the resources available within the Ethical Money Churches project.